After iGEM | Journals
Check back on this page often for more publishing opportunities through After iGEM!
Synthetic and Systems Biotechnology: Special Issue on the 2019 and 2020 iGEM Proceedings
We are excited to announce our collaboration with Synthetic and Systems Biotechnology to create a special issue on the 2019 and 2020 iGEM Proceedings highlighting iGEM projects.
Over the past 18 years, the iGEM Competition has provided a platform to catalyse the infusion of synthetic biology with interdisciplinary fundamental and translational research as well as with inspired young scientists from all around the world. Many of the projects undertaken by iGEM teams have gone on to be published in academic journals.as shown recently in the pre-print “iGEM Comes of Age: Trends in its research output” by the After iGEM Academia & Research Committee.
Through our collaboration with Synthetic and Systems Biotechnology we want to continue our commitment to continued education of iGEMers after the competition by providing them an opportunity to publish their scientific research in a peer-reviewed journal filled entirely with iGEM Projects!
Thus, this special issue one the 2019 and 2020 iGEM Proceedings will feature outstanding and exceptional iGEM projects from the 2019 and 2020 competitions, highlighting the wisdom and vitality of the next generation of synthetic biologists.
These will include, but not be limited to:
- The systematic characterisation of valuable biological parts
- Novel design-and-test approaches and results concerning engineered biological devices or systems
- Innovative methods for the construction or characterisation of biological systems
- Optimisation and applicability of biological devices and systems via modelling
- Interfacing computer science with synthetic biology
- State-of-the-art prototyping to advance the development and application of synthetic biology and biotechnology
- Submission deadline (for full papers): 30 June 2021
- Publication date: upon acceptance
Manuscripts will be reviewed and published on a first-come, first-served basis.
Bluepha Co., Ltd. will sponsor and cover the Article Processing Charges (APCs) for accepted manuscripts. Once all accepted manuscripts are published, they will be compiled into this special issue.
Contact the editorial group:
If you have any questions, please contact the editorial group via firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is highly recommended that teams inquire the editorial group with an abstract or outline of their manuscript idea at the earliest convenience.
Direct Link: http://www.keaipublishing.com/en/journals/synthetic-and-systems-biotechnology/call-for-papers/special-issue-on-the-2019-and-2020-igem-proceedings/