Software/The Registry of Software Tools
The registry of software tools for iGEM is currently hosted by GitHub. The site is located at: https://github.com/igemsoftware.
- Each team instructor will need to create a user account on GitHub.
- Each instructor will be added to a specific GitHub "team" created for each iGEM team. These teams have associated with them a set of permissions and associated repository.
- Each instructor will then add their team members to their GitHub Team as desired.
- You are free to organize your GitHub repository as you wish. However the following are required:
- All source code and libraries (or links to them if they are licensed) must be made available.
- A README file must be in the top level of your repository. This should provide a general overview of your software, a description of the directory structure you have chosen, and instructions on how to compile your code into an executable.
- An executable (if applicable) for your code at the top level of your repository.
- An installer (if applicable) for your code at the top level of your repository.
- Text or video tutorial at the top level of your repository (this is a silver medal optional criteria).
Team instructors will be contacted by the end of August in order to add them to the appropriate GitHub teams to start the process.