based on standard parts
We always like to say "iGEM is not easy, iGEM is worth it."
In the years since iGEM has started, many participants and teams have created resources to help others take part in iGEM. Below you will find a list of links to these materials. Have your own resources and materials that you would like to share? Contact us!
- The iGEM Team Handbook
Credit: iGEM 2014 Virtus-Parva Mexico
- DIY equipment guide
Credit: iGEM 2014 OLS Canmore AB CA (high school)
- Synthetic Biology Guidebook for iGEM High School
Credit: Alberta Innovates - Technology Futures and the iGEM community of Alberta, Canada (individual authors credited within)
- Running a successful iGEM team
Credit: Wayne Materi, iGEM 2008 Alberta NINT
These resources were also created by members of the iGEM community but purchase is required.
- "Synthetic Biology: A Lab Manual" by Josefine Liljeruhm, Erik Gullberg, Anthony Forster (iGEM Uppsala)
- "Synthetic Aesthetics: Investigating Synthetic Biology's Designs on Nature" by Alexandra Daisy Ginsberg, Jane Calvert, Pablo Schyfter, Alistair Elfick, Drew Endy
- "biology is technology" by Robert Carlson